El Clasico Betting Preview
The most eagerly anticipated game of the La Liga season is here and although Messi and Ronaldo won’t be battling it out it still hasn’t lost any of its luster. Below we outline some key factors in the game and the best value bets from our perspective.
El Clasico Betting Preview – Barcelona v Real Madrid
- Mid-week Blaugrana hosted an in-form Internazionale and brushed them aside with ease winning 2-0.
- Barcelona created 2.6 xG in that game which showed that they’re capable of playing without the injured Lionel Messi.
- Real Madrid in comparison hosted one of the weakest teams in the Champions League in Viktoria Plzen and only scraped a 2-1 victory.
- Los Blanco’s are going through one of their worst spells of form in a very long time. Before their mid-week win, they’d been on a 5 game winless streak and even went over 400 mins without scoring a goal.
- Under Julen Lopetegui Real Madrid’s form has been abysmal especially away from home.
- So far they’ve secured only 1 win away from the Santiago Bernabéu this season and that came against Girona.
- The Hosts are now unbeaten in their last 41 league games at Camp Nou and have won 5 of their 7 competitive fixtures this season.
- Real Madrid have traveled twice to teams in the Top half of the table this season (Sevilla and Alaves) and lost both.
- Barca have scored 2+ goals in 7 of their 6 home games in all competitions this season.
- Real Madrid in our eyes is a wounded animal right now, and Barca will be motivated more than ever in front of a sold-out Camp Nou to inflict even more misery.
- We did have high hopes for Real Madrid at the start of the season, but things haven’t worked out for Lopetegui, expect his side to lose here and for him to be sacked before Monday.
- Barcelona: ter Stegen, Semedo, Lenglet, Pique, Alba, Rakitic, Busquets, Artur, Coutinho, Suarez, Dembélé
- Real Madrid: Courtois, Nacho, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Bale, Benzema, Isco
Verdict: This Real Madrid side is in a lot of trouble, and with morale being so low this could easily turn ugly. Expect Barca to take the three points as Real slide further down the table.
Barcelona -1.5 Asian Handicap at 3.3
Coutinho to score at 3.00