Grand National Tips – 2016
The first Horse to ever win the Grand National was called ‘Lottery’ and that’s exactly what the race has turned into. with 30 fences and 40 runners competing over a 4.5 mile course it’s really anybodies race. However, we may as well take a look at the statistics to give us a slightly better chance of profiting on Saturday.
Some stats worth considering
- 68% of winners were returned at odds of 20/1 or less.
- 17 of the last 24 winners of the Grand National were returned at odds of 20/1 or less and 22 of the last 30 horses to finish in the top five in the race were below 20/1 in the betting market.
- Between 1992-2015, only 3 favourites have won the big race
- Winners of the Grand National are usually between the ages of 9-10
- The last 4 winners of the Grand National have been priced at 25/1 (Many Clouds), 25/1 (Pineau de Re), 66/1 (Auroras Encore) & 33/1 (Neptune Collonges)
- The most successful current jockey, trainer and owner are Ruby Walsh, Nigel Twiston-Davies and Trevor Hemmings who have all won the race twice.
- An Irish trained horse has not won since Silver Birch in 2007
- Just five favourites have won in the past 30 years
Grand National Tips
- The Druids Nephew 16/1 ‘Each-way’ with Paddy Power
- Goonyella 20/1 ‘Each-way’ with Paddy Power
- The Last Samurai 10/1 win with Paddy Power
- Shutthefrontdoor 26/1 ‘Each-way’ with Betfair
If you liked this article you should read our Euro 2016 Betting Preview